Himal Power Limited (HPL) is a jointly owned operation of SN Power, BKK, and Butwal Power Company Limited. HPL is headquartered in Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur and owns and operates 60MW Khimti I Hydropower Plant situated 175km east of Kathmandu. HPL is a successful hydropower company with a long term commitment to Nepal and would like to see its natural role in the further development of the hydropower sector in the country.
HPL is seeking a high-calibre and experienced individual to fill the position of Accounting Manager with the overall responsibility for maintaining the company's accounts, ensuring statutory compliance as well as financial reporting and control.
Job Position: Accounting Manager
Deadline to apply: 27 October 2013
The Accounting Manager is stationed at Kathmandu, reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for a team of two accountants - one in Kathmandu and one at the Khimti hydropower plant. Main responsibilities include:
• Preparing financial accounts of the company for statutory reporting, as well as reporting to the management, HPL Board and SN Power group.
• Maintaining accounting controls; overseeing accounting policies and procedures; guide the organization in implementing prudent accounting standards.
• Providing input to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; managing and completing audits; preparing special analysis; implement change.
• Preparing annual budgets and periodic forecasts; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Ensuring statutory compliance within the finance and accounts area.
• Inspire, train and coach the accounting team.
We are looking for a candidate meeting the following requirements:
A. Min 5 years of experience from accounting management, accounting/audit or similar experience from working as accounting manager in mid-size enterprises (preferably international).
B. Fluency in written and oral English is an absolute requirement.
C. Chartered Accountant degree. Extensive knowledge of accounting standards and IFRS.
D. Proven ability to engage with employees in a respectful and constructive manner.
E. Analytical, persistent and energetic.
F. Proven track record, demonstrating high professional standards, integrity and undisputable business ethics.
Applicants are requested to please send their applications in English, with cover letter, passport size photograph, and CV, in electronic format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to bring academic certificates, evidence of employment and original documents at the first screening interview. Application deadline is set to 27 October 2013.