Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 122 member states, a further 18 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
IOM is seeking qualified Nepali Nationals for the following position based in Kathmandu.
Vacancy Notice No: VN#NP/38/13
Position Title: Intern
Type of contract: 6 months
Deadline to apply: 24 May 2013GENERAL FUNCTIONS:
Under the direct supervision of Project Assistant in Kathmandu and overall supervision of Chief of Mission and in close liaison with the Labour Migration programme team,the candidate will undertake the following tasks of the ‘Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration’ (AVRR) Project:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist AVRR returnees and migrants upon return and reintegration assistance support in close liaison with sending missions and NGOs partners.
- Assist in the logistics arrangements for on arrival assistance, hotel booking, onwards/ground transportation, domestic air tickets bookings in coordination with relevant departments.
- Assist the returnee for in-kind reintegration assistance i.e. business set up support,education/training assistance, financial & material grant assistance in accordance with the eligibility of the returnee.
- Translate the correspondence/documents /invoices both in Nepali and English.
- Regular follow up to the returnees for reintegration assistance and monitoring.
- Draft AVR monitoring reports of the AVR returnees as per the requirement of the sending Missions.
- Update the data/statistics of the AVRR on regular a basis.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science, Management or related field.
- Excellent communication and interpretation skills in English and Nepali (verbal and written).
- Excellent Nepali typing skill.
- Strong inter-personal skills, communication, networking and team-building skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Sensitivity towards the Gender issues and vulnerable communities.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied and CV with three references via email or by post in the given address by 24 May 2013:
Human Resource Department,
International Organization for Migration
P.O. Box 25503
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.