RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. RTI International is seeking candidates for the following position
Job Position: Accountant with the ENVISION Program in Nepal
Job Station: Based in Kathmandu
Reporting to: The Director of Finance and Administration (DFM)
Deadline to apply: April 5, 2013
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by RTI International, the ENVISION Program is aimed at reducing the collective disease burden of five neglected tropical diseases: lymphatic filariasis (elephantiasis), onchocerciasis (river blindness), trachoma, schistosomiasis (bilharzia), and soil-transmitted helminthes.
· Assists the DFM in the administration and oversight of program funds in coordination with RTI and USAID guidelines.
· Maintains local accounts on the QuickBooks computerized accounting system; enters and codes all transactions in QuickBooks.
· In coordination with human resources, processes monthly payroll to personnel.
· Initiates all checks and other payments to vendors.
· Estimates monthly cash needs and prepares the request for wire transfers from RTI headquarters.
· Maintains financial management files of backup documentation for all local transactions as required by USAID regulations and RTI policies, including files for vendors and grantees, and ensures audit trail for all necessary documentation.
· Maintains local audit file, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous financial filings.
· Identifies potential accounting discrepancies and works with the DFM to effectively research, track and resolve these issues.
· Monitors project budget to ensure project expenditures versus milestones and reimbursements.
· Coordinates with necessary technical and finance ENVISION Nepal team members to compile project financial reports.
· Conducts other general accounting duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting and at least 3 years of experience (or Masters plus 1 year of experience) in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, auditing, and/or taxation for a USAID-funded project.
· Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, ACCA), or significant progress toward obtainment of designation preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, accounting transactions, budgeting, reporting and ensuring compliance of internal control systems.
· Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
· Significant experience using QuickBooks highly desirable.
· Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills.
· Strong financial acumen and analytical ability.
· Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
· Must possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality and ability to work in a team setting.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English and Nepali.
· Salary grade: L/8
To Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a resume with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Deadline is April 5, 2013, however applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.