POSITION : NATIONAL PROJECT MANAGER (FOR NEPALESE NATIONALS ONLY)
|Location :||Kathmandu with extensive field travel (25%)|
|Application Deadline :||26-Sep-11|
|Additional Category||Environment and Energy|
|Type of Contract :||Service Contract|
|Post Level :||SB-5|
|Languages Required : ||English|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||One year with possibility of extension|
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or Ph.D in Environmental Studies, Economics, Political / Social Science, Business/Public Administration, or other related fields.
- The incumbent should have 10 years of relevant experience for Master’s Degree holder and 7 years of relevant experience for Ph.D holder.
- Experience in managing staff and operational systems and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments in the area of environment, energy and disaster risk management programming would be an asset.
- Experience in crisis and post-conflict countries.
- Knowledge and experience of UNDP and UN system policies ad programming is desirable
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Nepali
How to apply?
Applications should be submitted online by 26 September 2011The link to the site is: : http://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?job_id=25525 Note: If there is any difficulty in accessing the announcement through above link, please visit:http://jobs.undp.org, go to “Environment and Energy” and look for the position. The applicants must submit the updated standard UNDP Personal History Form (P11), available in the UNDP Nepal website: http://www.undp.org.np/vacancy UNDP has a policy to have a gender balance at all staff levels. Qualified female candidates from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are especially encouraged to apply.